Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fun With Small Children, Part 1: Animal Sounds

One of the things you are obligated to teach babies is animal sounds. Why this is, I do not know, but we all do it and it's super cute.

However, you can only run through the basic animal sounds so many times before you get screamingly bored. So, being both easily bored and a smartass, I decided to change it up a little. In addition to your basic "The dog says bark bark" and "The sheep says baa baa," these are the animal sounds we added to Ellie's repertoire:

Sharks: "Fish are friends, not food!"

Penguins: "Ah, ee, achoo!"

Steve Martin: "Excuuuuse me!" (Skip to about 3:00)

Miss Piggy: "Kermie! Kermie!"

And of course it goes without saying that she knows that Fozzy Bear says, "Wocka wocka!" Duh.

It's times like these that I sort of regret my "no images of the child on the Internet" policy, because I really want you all to see her do this. It's hilarious. You'll just have to come over to my house and have her run through her animal sounds for you.

No comments: