Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Yes, we can!

Lately, Ellie has started nodding her head yes when I ask her a question. "Do you want to go downstairs and have breakfast?" Yes! "Are you getting tired? Is it naptime?" Yes! "Do you want to go to the park and play?" Yes!

I'm not sure if she actually understands my questions and is answering me accordingly, or if she's just nodding her head because that's what you do. So today I decided to test it out and asked her, "Ellie, do you think Barack Obama is doing a good job? Should he get re-elected?"

She threw up her hands and shrugged her shoulders.

I haven't laughed that hard in weeks. Obviously we need to keep this child more informed about American politics.

1 comment:

Betsy Guerra said...

Perhaps she is more informed about Canadian politics. She is a Canuck you know. eh?