Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day Thirteen

IT'S ABOUT TIME, I can hear you all saying. (All three of you.) Sorry about all the days I missed. Ellie got sick right after Day Twelve went up, and everything kind of went off the rails, and then I just got lazy. But here we are!

Day Thirteen: A picture of your favorite band or artist.



And this is where I officially remove all doubt as to my coolness or (more accurately) lack thereof. Those guys are the Moody Blues, who were last considered cool in about 1972, and possibly not that much even then. I don't particularly care, though. They've been my favorite band since I was 12 and finally discovered who sang "Your Wildest Dreams," which is a damned good song, and then I found out that they had this whole other career a couple of decades before that. AND IT IS BRILLIANT I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY.

Here is the video for "Your Wildest Dreams." Ultra-cheesy video (but also sort of sweet), excellent song.



And here they are performing "Never Comes the Day" in 1970, back when they might have been sort of cool. It's good. You should listen to it.

No comments: