Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 days, 30 pictures

In an effort to make myself post more regularly around here, I've decided to do this 30 days, 30 pictures thing. I will probably cheat and write several posts at once but set them to appear one at a time. I am sneaky like that. Perhaps I will surprise us all and turn out something interesting.

Anyway, here is Day 1: A picture of yourself with fifteen facts.



The Facts

1. I'm turning 30 in July and I am sincerely excited about that. I have this idea in my head that people might start taking me seriously after I hit 30.
2. I had all these big ideas about maintaining a vegetarian household, but sadly I have fallen off the wagon, at least partially. I'm still not eating red meat, but I have been known to consume some poultry here and there. I am weak.
3. I cannot abide a dirty carpet. The house gets vacuumed about twice a week.
4. I have a washer and dryer sitting in my basement looking for a new home. (They came with the house and we don't want them.) I have had four different people express interest and then flake out on me. Do you want them? If not, I'm giving them to Habitat For Humanity.
5. I'm really pleased that we decided to use cloth diapers, but the laundry is everlasting.
6. My favorite hobby is photography, but I don't think I'm all that good at it yet. I want to take classes.
7. I am an American living in Canada, which is awkward. Here in Canada, I am The American, and all the Canadians I meet immediately seize on the opportunity to tell me how crappy my home country is. Back in the US, I am The Canadian and subject to all kinds of "funny" jokes about maple syrup and hockey. I don't belong anywhere anymore.
8. I adore Gloria Steinem and wish to be just like her when I grow up.
9. Facebook bugs me but I can't seem to give it up.
10. I have a daughter who is currently sitting on the floor next to my chair and chewing on the mass card from my grandmother's funeral.
11. I like red things.
12. The best vacation I ever took was to Zanzibar in 2009. You should all go there. I know a great place you can stay.
13. I hate new car smell. It makes me queasy.
14. I am allergic to everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.
15. I am not terribly good with people, mostly because I am terribly shy (you probably don't believe that, but it's true) and I'm afraid of everyone.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Jensboys said...

My husband was "The american" for quite a while and took on his Canadian citizenship when we were in the process of adopting our two oldest kids - from strangely enough - the USA. So he became a dual Canadian/American to adopt 2 American kids to Canada :)

It's an interesting transition leaving your home country and becoming part of a new one. For my dh, and you may find the same happens to you, that he found he truly became Canadian, or Canada felt like HOME, as he watched it become home to his children.