Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gee, I think you're swell

So, now that I've written about Eleanor's delivery, there is a whole other post in my head about how I actually feel about how that went down. For right now, we'll just say that it's complicated.

And in the meantime, it is Video Day! I am thrilled beyond all reason that this child has not one but TWO '60s pop songs with her name in them ('cause y'all know how I feel about '60s pop songs). One of them is depressing as all hell ("Eleanor Rigby died in the church and was buried along with her name/Nobody came"), but the other one is really sweet, if dippy ("Elenore, gee, I think you're swell/And you really do me well/You're my pride and joy, et cetera!"). It's that second one that's been stuck in my head ever since we decided on her name, so for about six months now. And here it is, to get stuck in all of YOUR heads!



See? Dippy, but sweet. I do think she's pretty swell, and she certainly is my pride and joy. Et cetera.

No comments: