Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Endless rain into a paper cup

I don't think I have a coherent blog post in me right now, so here are some random tidbits:

- Ellie is growing like a weed. I cannot believe how much she's changed since she was born (three weeks ago today!). She only lost three ounces after she was born, was back at birth weight by day 5, and a week later had gained a whole POUND. It's been another week and a half since then and she's noticeably bigger. If she keeps this up, this kid is going to weigh 700 pounds by the time she starts kindergarten.



- Ellie's Granny Sue just spent a week with us and holy cow was that ever fabulous. It was so nice to have another mama around who actually knows how to do stuff. Thanks to my mom, I can now bathe my daughter without dropping her on her head, and fasten the diaper so that the crotch doesn't come down to her knees. We all appreciate this very much.



- A few days ago, I asked Mr. Canuck to move something heavy for me, and used the excuse that I'm more fragile than he is. He looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said, "You just pushed an entire human being out of your body. Don't give me that 'fragile' nonsense." I love him so much.



- Child absolutely adores her bath. She looks around and kicks her feet and flings her body from side to side so that we have to work pretty hard to keep her from drowning herself. Cutest damn thing in the whole wide world.



- I think I'm starting to get used to this whole motherhood thing. Maybe I'll get the hang of it sometime before she moves out, but I'm not counting on it. I sure am enjoying the ride, though.

2 comments:

orion said...

She is adorable! I bet you're having the time of your life so far. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. Please keep us posted with her progress, we NEED to know.
And equally important, how are you and Sean. I always say that it's called labour because it's hard work; you now know the truth of that. It does take quite some time to physically recover from, even if it is a totally straightforward and short labour-in your case it may well take longer, and of course, while you're trying to recover, you miss out on your sleep. So make sure you look after yourselves.
Jean