Two blog posts in two days!! You guys are getting spoiled. Don't get used to it, though.
It's Video Day! Today's choice is doubly fabulous, because it is my favorite singer (Alison Krauss) covering a really fantastic song ("Carolina In My Mind") at a James Taylor tribute. She's so great, you guys. Just listen.
And to pad this out a bit, here's one of the less banal internet question meme things. Many of you already know me, but some of you might not (like my mysterious reader in Sydney. Hello, mysterious Australian person! Don't be afraid to say hi!) so here you go, for what it's worth.
1. You can press a button that will make any one person explode. Who would you blow up?
Huh. Sudden violence kind of wigs me out, so I'm not sure I would want to do that. Maybe Lady Gaga, though, because a) she would probably dig the publicity, and b) she annoys the shit out of me.
2. You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist out of existence. Who will it be?
3. Who would you really like to just punch in the face?
All the religious and/or just really self-righteous people who think that everyone in the world should live by THEIR moral code because all others are wrong.
4. What is your favorite cheese?
I like cheddar that is so sharp it crumbles when you try to cut it. Also, I once had a garlic cheddar from that awesome cheese place in Banden, Oregon, that was TO DIE FOR. My attitude toward cheese is pretty much the sharper and smellier, the better. Hence, I dislike brie.
5. You can only have one kind of sandwich. Every sandwich ingredient known to humankind is at your immediate disposal. What kind of sandwich will you eat?
It would involve fresh sourdough bread, hummus, cucumbers, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, green peppers, and cheese. YUM.
6. You have the opportunity to sleep with the movie celebrity of your choice. We are talking no-strings-attached sex and it can only happen once. Who is the lucky celebrity of your choice?
I would say Neil Patrick Harris except he's not a movie celebrity and he's gay. So let's go with Will Smith.
7. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music celebrity of your choice, who will it be?
I honestly can't think of any musicians whose bones I'd particularly like to jump.
8. Now that you've slept with two people in a row, you seem to be having an excellent day because you just came across a hundred-dollar bill on the sidewalk. What do you buy?
The voice of responsibility says I should use it to make a payment on my student loan or buy some practical supplies for the baby. But that voice has been drowned out by the other voices that shout, "TO THE BOOKSTORE!!"
9. You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
I'm assuming I can share this ticket, because I'm going to pick up all of my girlfriends and take them to Zanzibar.
10. An angel appears out of heaven and offers you a lifetime supply of the beverage of your choice. It is?
Dr. Pepper, but only if it has no calories because holy cow would I get fat otherwise.
11. Rufus appears out of nowhere with a time-traveling phone booth. You can go anywhere in the PAST. Where do you go?
Elizabethan England, but only if I can be wealthy and attractive with an indulgent father who doesn't make me marry somebody a million years old and covered in warts.
12. You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
Anybody who writes "your" when they mean "you're" will be immediately thrown to the sharks.
13. You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it?
Guys, if I had good ideas for TV shows, I would not be temping right now.
14. What is your favorite curse word?
Um. Most of them. I'm pretty sure I was a longshoreman in a previous life.
15. One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, what do you do?
I would immediately have an embarrassing mess to clean up, if you know what I mean, because that would be damn scary.
16. Your house is on fire! What do you do?
Um, what anybody would do? Grab all the living creatures (and also my wedding photos) and get the hell out of there.
17. The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Angel of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. Whatcha gonna do in that half-hour?
Call up all of my friends and family and talk about how much fun we've had. Because lordy do I know some fun people, and that would be a great way to go.
18. You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and whats even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What super-power is it?
The ability to teleport.
19. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
Any half-hour from my very first hours-long conversation with Mr. Canuck at Suze and Zara's wedding. Because that was amazing, and we can never do it again.
20. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
That time I totally misjudged my audience and accidentally implied that my best friend's cousin was a lesbian. It was meant to be a joke, but it did NOT go over well. And it was kind of a dumb joke to begin with. And then I didn't know how to apologize without making the whole thing worse. I'm a terrible person.
21. You got kicked out of the country for being a time-traveling heathen who sleeps with celebrities and has super-powers. But check this out you can move anywhere. Where are you going?
Hrm. I haven't been very many places, so this is hard. Probably somewhere in western Europe. Or possibly I would call up my auntie Juli in Zanzibar and find out if she needs a housemaid.
22. This question still counts, even for those of you who are under age, if you were banned from every bar in the world except one, which one would it be?
The Irish Embassy in downtown Toronto, because a) it's a cool bar, and b) it would serve them right for not letting me in that one time because I only had American ID.
23. Hopefully you didn't mention this in the super-powers question... If you did, then we'll just expound on that. Check it out… Suddenly, you have gained the ability to fly! Whose house are you going to fly to first, and be like "Check it out I can FLY!?"
My mom, because her favorite hobby is bragging about her children and this would give her bragging rights for LIFE.
24. The constant absorption of magical moon beams mixed with the radioactive vegetables you consumed earlier has given you the ability to resurrect the dead famous person of your choice. So which celebrity will you bring back to life?
George Harrison, because I love him to little bits. And then I would make him record an album with Paul Simon. And then I would make them tour together and give me free tickets. Wow, I'm demanding.