Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

A song in which to weep

So, in an effort to make myself update this poor little blog a little more often, I decided to introduce a Feature! Once a week or so, probably on Fridays, I'm going to pick out a song I like and post it here so you all can like it too. I'm going to do this via YouTube videos, because that way I don't have to worry about file storage or bandwidth, and you don't have to go to the trouble of downloading anything. If you like the song, you can obtain it via the method of your choice, and everybody wins!

The introductory song is "The Weeping Song" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Two summers ago, Mr. Canuck and I went on a road trip to upstate New York, and while we were on the road he decided it was high time I got acquainted with this fine band. I'm still not sure how I feel about them in general (I find Nick Cave about equal parts fascinating and terrifying, if we're being honest here) but there are a few songs that I really love, and this is the best of them.

So give it a shot and see what you think. The video is ridiculous, don't pay any attention to that, but the song itself is fantastic. Ominous piano lines, complicated percussion, slightly creepy vocals, and most of all the syncopated handclaps, which (I am not even kidding here) make the song. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty soon you'll be done work, and then you'll have no excuse not to blog!
Do you feel pressure yet?
lol

Jennifer Chaloner