Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Like endless rain into a paper cup

First, the complaining.

1. Canada, you benighted, godforsaken wasteland, WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE CHILI CHEESE FRITOS?? Or maybe you do, and Loblaw's was just out of stock or something. If that is the case, I owe Canada an apology. But either way, this calamity caused me to wail and rend my garments.

2. Pregnancy has done nothing to lessen my aversion to other people's bratty screaming children. Perhaps my own bratty screaming children will be my revenge upon the world.

And now, the rejoicing!

1. We had our first midwife appointment last week, and people, she is excellent. She answered all our questions, explained what midwifery in general and she in particular is all about, confirmed our decision that a home birth is the best decision for us, and was basically the most awesome health care provider I've ever seen. And then, AND THEN, we heard the baby's heartbeat!!! It was incredible. Mr. Canuck and I both got a little weepy. It was fast, too, around 160. Apparently this often means it's a girl, but since there is no scientific evidence for this, The Man of the House is choosing not to believe it. Either way, it was pretty incredible.

2. We have a fully decorated Christmas tree! And it only fell over once and that was before we had put the decorations on it, so hey, bonus. I took a few pictures with my fabulous new camera so you can all see how pretty it is. (Cue my mother finding at least eight things wrong with it and booking a flight to Toronto in order to rearrange the ornaments. Love you, Mom!)







We also took the first official Belly Picture last week, but since I was in my pajamas at the time it is extremely unflattering. Plus I only have the slightest bit of a potbelly anyway so there's not much to see. I'll try to get a better one sometime soon!

In the meantime, I am off to eat BBQ Fritos, which luckily are almost as good as the chili cheese ones.

No comments: