Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Bundle of joy? Or something?

We've started telling people about the pregnancy, and also about this blog (hi, guys!). So far everyone has reacted just about the way we thought they would. My mom was particularly entertaining, hehe.

And yesterday I committed the first truly stupid act of my pregnancy. Imagine this scenario: The rabbit cage is sitting in the kitchen doorway. Rabbit is having some play time in the kitchen. I am in the kitchen emptying the rabbit's litter box. But oops! I have left the bag of litter in the living room! Conveniently, we have a pass-through between the kitchen and the living room that's just about chest-height on me. So rather than climb over the rabbit cage and walk around to get it, I do what I have done a million times before - I hoist myself up onto the ledge of the pass-through and balance on my tummy while reaching down for the litter bag. It occurs to me about halfway through this maneuver that this is probably not the smartest thing I could be doing right now.

So ever since then I've been worried that I might have harmed the baby. I don't really think I did - there's all kinds of padding and protection in there, and I still feel pregnant - but I can't quite shake it. And today I realized that this is just the beginning - I am going to be worrying about this child for the rest of my life. And I am happier about that than I can possibly tell you.

4 comments:

Becca said...

I'm your first comment!!!

I'm still in "oh my god I'm so happy for you" mode; no pearls of wisdom here tonight.

OH MY GOD!!! YOU'RE PREGNANT!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Now your blog has been christened. :)

Ruthann said...

Congratulations!!! :) :)

Also, I just have to share this with you:

http://www.patrickrothfuss.com/blog/2009/06/modest-proposal.html

It's about this weird website that chronicles your baby's size compared to different FOODS, of all things. It's kinda cute at first, and then it starts getting bizarre. Personally I think it hits the peak of ridiculousness at 37 weeks when it says, "Your baby is as lofty as a stalk of Swiss chard."

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Amanda said...

HA! I loved it :)

Jean said...

You will never stop worrying. No matter how old they get, they will hold your heart as hostage for the rest of their lives.
Wonderful, isn't it!