Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Bleggghhh.

I have a cold. And I am here to tell you, having a cold while you are pregnant pretty much sucks. I would sell my kingdom for a dose of NyQuil right now, but I hear NyQuil and babies don't mix. Apparently if I so much as stand in the same room as a package of cold medicine, my baby will be born covered in scales. And we don't want that. So I am forced to suffer.

On the other hand, this is an excellent opportunity to hone my martyr skills. See, there's always a bright side.

1 comment:

Jean said...

I assume that you are now well. The big downside of pregnancy is that you have to be so careful about what you eat and drink, so not even a slug of whisky works. Never mind, for millenia, women had things in pregnancy which we would never have now, and things worked out well. That doesn't mean, rush out for the cold medication or the whisky, just that I sometimes think that we give mums an intolerable burden by making them think that every little thing they do could lead to disaster. It won't.